17 Things to Know When Planning A Cabling System
The following is a concise list of questions that need to be answered before a cabling system installation can be designed and planned.
1. Where are the cables going from and to?
2. Is the cable specification for the present and future purpose known?
3. Will any adverse conditions, such as water, affect the choice of cable?
4. Can the supplier carry out a site survey or do the calculations need to be carried out from plans?
5. Are cable routes available and accessible to meet the installation schedule?
6. Is containment required, either for aesthetic reasons and/or protection
7. Will the design of and ducts, conduit, tray and trunking allow installation of the cable without risk of damage?
8. What existing draw ropes are functional?
9. Do draw ropes need to be installed in any ducts?
10. Will any catenary wire needs to be installed?
11. Are existing catenary wires, if required, suitable for the additional cable?
12. Can the cable(s) be installed without damaging existing cables?
13. Can existing ceiling tiles, floor covers or duct covers be removed as required?
14. Are the premises or cable routes free of asbestos and is an asbestos register is available for reference?
15. Any there any known health and safety risks associated with the route? E.g. Unstable infrastructure, harmful substances, vermin?
16. What safety precautions will be required? E.g. Testing for gas hazard; Erection of guards and protective structures; Warning signs.
17. Where does the cabling system installation fit into the program of works?
A Lynx Networks project manager can help you to determine the answers to these questions in discussion, using any plans and specifications you have available. A site survey would always be carried out where possible and in most cases would be free of charge. So if you have a cabling requirement you would like help with, please talk to us.
News, Articles & Case Studies
Did you know we also do …?
With a complete range of business IT support services, Lynx Networks can provide you with everything you need now, and as your needs change.
Our technical IT staff work closely with our on-site engineers to deliver comprehensive support for organisations of all shapes and sizes. Our team is highly qualified, well-trained and distinguishably professional.
Data Cabling Installations
Lynx has 28 years’ experience in designing and installing industry leading structured data cabling systems for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
Whether you have a copper, fibre or even electrical cabling requirement, our installations will give you confidence that your network’s foundation will serve you for years to come.
Switching & Routing
Lynx Networks has a deep knowledge of HP and Cisco solutions for both Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs). It has enabled us to undertake a wide range of projects, from simple “flat” architectures to multi-layer designs. Combined with our large in-house cabling and installation team, we are able to take on projects of all sizes.
Lynx Flex is our flexible approach to cloud computing. Because we own our own servers, we are able to tailor each service to integrate perfectly in your operations.
Cloud storage, back-up, hosted communications, security and more.
Lynx Networks is experienced in providing reliable and proven technology to help prevent network security breaches, protecting your customer’s data and ultimately your business.
The threat from organised cyber-crime is growing exponentially. It is now more critical than ever that your organisation has robust network security architecture that can adapt pro-actively to the ever-changing threat landscape.
Lynx Networks has a wealth of experience in delivering telephone and communication systems to organisations of all shapes and sizes. Using our combined knowledge of telephony, systems and data cabling, we are able to design, install and configure complete solutions that can adapt and grow with your organisation.
Servers & Storage
Because Lynx Networks understands every element of your IT infrastructure, we are able to recommend and provide the perfect network storage solution for you are your organisation. As well as this, we are able to provide a comprehensive service that includes cabling, security, installation, configuration and maintenance.
Wireless Network Installations
Our in-house project managers and engineers have a wealth of experience and knowledge in delivering rapid, accessible and secure wireless networking systems for organisations of all shapes and sizes.