Racelogic – Telephony for Growth
“We’ve used the expertise of Lynx Networks for over 20 years, and it’s a pleasure to do business with people who could not only provide the right advice but then carry it out in the required timescale.”
– Harry Thuillier, Chairman of Racelogic
Racelogic designs and manufactures cutting-edge electronic systems for the automotive industry, has 40 staff and offices in Germany and Britain. As this company continued along its expansion curve, scalable communications technology was of utmost importance in their relocation programme.
Harry Thuillier, Chairman of Racelogic, had worked with members of the Lynx Networks team for almost 20 years. He asked for technical advice to help support the next phase in the company’s ambitious growth plan. It focused on:
- Network architecture
- Replacing the telephone system
Customer service has been instrumental in Racelogic’s success so staff availability and accessibility is crucial. The recommended system design included:
- A Cisco Call Manager Express unified communications and IP phone system
- Unity Express software
- 24 Kirk DECT wireless phones
- Cat5e cabling
The IP phones were connected to a port, which included a PoE (Power over Ethernet) feature for the handsets, on two Cisco WS500 24-port ethernet switches. Each employee’s PC uses one port on the ethernet switch for both telephone and network data. This, along with the Cisco architecture, prioritised voice packets without delaying data traffic.
The Cisco Call Manager Express and IP phone system ran on a Cisco 2821 ISR (integrated services router) which only took 2U in the communications cabinet.
The new telephone system was one of the first of its kind:
- Voicemails were immediately emailed to staff in an audio file attachment (wav).
- The auto-attendant fast-tracked callers to the appropriate person, without having to wait for receptionist assistance.
- The CRM immediately notified staff of customer calls and enabled single click dialling.
- Time-sensitive voice packets were prioritised without disrupting other areas of Racelogic’s overall ICT system.
- Flood wiring increased the team’s flexibility – now staff could be located anywhere and it was much easier to accommodate new additions to the team.
Lynx Networks installed the system well within the tight office relocation schedule and the transition of moving staff onto the new technology ran extremely smoothly, with minimal training.
News, Articles & Case Studies
When purchasing a data cabling system there are many factors to consider, price is often at the forefront of people’s decision-making process. However, cheap cabling installations are often rife with false economies that end up costing you more...
We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our customers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Southern Housing Group (SHG) decided to refurbish one of their existing buildings in Maidstone. Half of the space was already occupied by a local business and the other half vacant.